World Run II / Reports
The map shows the position of which the pictures for the day are taken (if any). The start and finish markers are placed at the first and last valid registered position. This is not nessesary the actual start and finish position, if GSM or GPS signals was not available.
Distance today: 31.0 km (Accumulated: 19046.8 km)
Elapsed time: 03:06:00
Start 10:30am. at white tarmac-marker "20/800" [ref.point unknown, please see live gps for exact loc.], ca. 50km N. of Maputo, on the EN1-hwy to Maputo. 27c, half clear and l. wind. Finish 15:20pm. At green city sign "Michafutene", ca. 18km N. of Maputo, on the EN1-hwy to Maputo. 29c, hazy and same.
[nb: stopwatch not functioning, time /- 5min.]
Christmas running calender, day 16:
For many people running also involves ajoy in the Gadgets involved !
- Sometimes they can take your mind off that you are tired, sometimes even help your performance (as long as you rememberthat your Strength comes from you, not wether or not you have the latest gadget :-)
Personally I try to let there be as little diversion to the bodys reactions as possible and thus try to limit the number of gadgets wich can distract me.
But if you have the mindset for it, it can be great to add some music, gps coordinates, pulse info, pace display, etc..
Though my gadgets must somehow agree in trying to make me as independent from them as possible -my fifth stopwatch during the wr2 has just given in to the african heat & humidity !
Some of them cheap but also a perhaps 'not so tough' "tough solar" top end expedition-watch from casio.
Choose your gadgets w. care; its about what you Need - not what you can get :-)
In case you wonder, my 'gadgets' when doing world run's are:
* good shoes (ecco)
* mobile phone for gps & pic. transmission to website via LifePilot (nokia)
* running-stroller to carrymy equiptment when no supportcar (charriot; top model - sponsored by ABC Kids denmark)
* techical running clothes (New Line is generally my favorite, craft is ok if not too extreme conditions but ecco actually has some great quality running clothes - not on the public market though)
* stopwatch (casio -though their top end isnt good value, or timex. Still havent found strong enough 'all conditions' brand though !)
* tent (outdoor oasis /robens expedition tents)