World Run II / Reports
The map shows the position of which the pictures for the day are taken (if any). The start and finish markers are placed at the first and last valid registered position. This is not nessesary the actual start and finish position, if GSM or GPS signals was not available.
Distance today: 67.0 km (Accumulated: 3450.0 km)
Elapsed time: 06:23:35
Start 08:21am. At "Nova Ruda" citysign on r.385. 12c, clear and no wind. Alt. 440m, 965hPa.
Finish 19:10pm. At "Ceska Republik", at Border w. Poland at Bobitzow. 12c and same. Alt. 485m., 956hPa.
Czeck Republic ! :-)
We were met 12km before the border by Vlastimil Dworazek- what a happiness to meet an old friend (when racing at ultradistances like the 6day events etc., even newer friendships seems to have many many year behind them :-). Thank You for meeting us, Vlastimil; JENKUJE !! :-))
After making our finish at the Czech side of the border we were invited to the homeof Vlastimil. What a BLISS ! Dinner waiting, a hot shower; a friendly talk :-) We felt at home instantly !!!
The last day in Poland was a pleasure - the Southern Poland I really enjoy :-)
The overall impressions will have to wait as there is a new scedule to announce while we make the re-route plans through Cz. Rep. to Slovakia and onto the old routeplan in Slvk.
The next 5days:
10/9: Train to Prague (plan Cz. stages and buy tickets to Berlin and plan details of how to get to the 24h. run in Berlin/Bernau) ca. 40km L.P.-doc. run in Prague.
11/9: Train to Berlin Bernau (find race-site, buy supplies, logistics catch-up) ca. 35km doc. in Berlin.
12/9: Berlin/Bernau (rest, light logistics-work; prepare for race) ca. 30km doc. run in Bernau.
13-14/9: 24hour race in Bernau. Start 14.00, 1,6km pr. lap, 7m. elevation pr. lap.
15/9: Travel back to Czech Republic / Vlastimil.
16/9: Start at the Czech border w. New scedule into Slovak Rep. and connect to old scedule :-)
Well, thats it in short. We had to re-route out of Poland as quick as possible mainly due to lack of permission to run on the main roads (prob. for good reason; they were dangerous) and I think we can count ourselves Lucky that the run is still going and in un-broken running. Not least due to a fantastic help and effort by many friends and above all Phil Essam from Australiaand Vlastimil from Czeck Republic - THANKS FOR SAVING THE RUN !!!
Now we have to make the best of the few days it takes to plan a new route from the Cz. border and onward towards Cape Town.
And for us what better than to do a 24h. run meanwhile (!!) We have been talking about the poss. of doing it for quite a while and now the chance appears (as ultrarunners we love races ..and while focusing it takes the weight of the overall goal off for a while). Lets see how it goes :-)