World Run II / Reports
The map shows the position of which the pictures for the day are taken (if any). The start and finish markers are placed at the first and last valid registered position. This is not nessesary the actual start and finish position, if GSM or GPS signals was not available.
Distance today: 30.0 km (Accumulated: 9197.8 km)
Elapsed time: 09:30:00
Finish 09:30am., at the Gezira Sports Club, Cairo. 17c, allmost clear and light wind.
48hour race - Finish
8. FolyM. Salm, Egy., 97km/ 262laps.
7. Mouhammad Hosany, Egy., 126km/ 339laps.
6. Hassan Essa, Egy. 126km/ 339laps.
5. Peter Bøgevig, dk, 157km/ 421laps.
4. Pranjal, Slo., 259km/ 696laps.
3. Ananda Lahari, Slo., 269km/ 723laps.
2. Petr Spacil, Cz., 270km/ 727laps.
1. Jesper Olsen, dk, 306km/ 825laps.
- a hard race as 2days of running is; but the Club, the support from the Egypt Sport Federation, the very efficient organisation of the run by danish embassy along w. old & young local spectators late into the Arab night - made it a real joy to do !!
A BIG THANK YOU to all involved not least the fellow runners.I hope we together inspired an event to go on here in Cairo :-)
I cant say that my own performance was good: the first 24h./200km was "on rails", thenthis little bit worn desert train' came to a quick halt that never really changed to my usual pacing. Sufficient to say that I let the concearn about what waits (no support run through Sahara w. the 35kg of babyjogger to push in front.. A game of Arab roulette ;-) get the best of my focus. A beginners mistake ! :-)
But this is the important lesson that a race can have other values than the result ! The friendship, the sharing of a challenge, the long talks while running through the night - getting each other "across the river".
Much like each of us in the world each day have our challenge to pass.